40度越え ― 2017年09月01日 14:35
娘のHigh Schoolの学区からHeat Advisory - Fremont Union High School Districtという件名のメールが来ました。
This email is from the Fremont Union High School District with a message about today’s heat advisory.
According to the National Weather Service, we are expecting excessive heat in the Bay Area through the end of this week.
The safety and well-being of our students and staff are a top priority. We will continue to monitor the heat index for our area and implement precautions that may include keeping students indoors. Due to the excessive heat warning, the District has decided to cancel all of our afternoon games and practices. Varsity games beginning after 7 p.m. are tentatively scheduled to continue as planned, but we will continue to actively monitor the situation. All Saturday afternoon outdoor practices for band and athletic teams have also been cancelled.
For more information, visit our website at www.fuhsd.org.
で、通っている学校からは、District Message to Parents Regarding Heat Advisoryというタイトルのメールが来ました。
As you may be aware, the weather forecast for today includes extremely high temperatures. The safety and well being of our students and staff is a top priority and we will continue to monitor the heat index for our area today and over the coming days.
During days with extremely high heat, our District and schools have procedures in place to ensure that students have modified outdoor activities, including for PE classes and athletics events, and alternate spaces to keep cool during brunch and lunch times. When the temperature exceeds 95 degrees we will implement the following precautions:
• Closely monitor individual student conditions.
• Encourage students to bring containers of water to help stay hydrated.
• Encourage students to take water fountain breaks frequently throughout the day.
• Restrict duration and intensity, or prohibit, outdoor physical activity.
• Consider a schedule change.
If the heat exceeds 102 degrees, all students will be kept in shaded areas or indoors.
At this time, due to the excessive heat warning, the District has decided to cancel all of our afternoon games and practices. Varsity games beginning after 7 p.m. are tentatively scheduled to continue as planned, but we will continue to actively monitor the situation. All Saturday afternoon outdoor practices for band and athletic teams have also been cancelled.
The following are some tips to avoid heat exhaustion and help prepare your children for the excessive heat we may be experiencing for the next several days:
• Stay hydrated by drinking plenty of fluids.
• Wear loose-fitting, lightweight, light-colored clothing. Avoid dark colors because they absorb the sun’s rays.
• Slow down, stay indoors and avoid strenuous exercise during the hottest part of the day.
• Postpone outdoor games and activities.
• If you must be outdoors, find shaded spots to stay cool.
If your child has a particular medical condition that is exacerbated by the heat, please notify the office staff at your campus.
Thank you in advance for your assistance as we support the safety and well being of our entire school community.